Sunday, December 13, 2009

Whither next?

I'm at a bit of a junction, in terms of my pursuit of ever more advanced skills. The incremental increases in Punisher flying ability that I've pursued have more or less reached the limit of plausible sustainability. I'm at IV in terms of my rank in most everything that can aid me in completing missions in my beloved frigate.

Grinding to V would once again moderately improve my capabilities, but take roughly as long as I've been in New Eden to start with. It seems like there has to be a better way. I've searched the online records of my contemporaries, those who deign to make them public anyway. (And on another note, why are so many of these capsuleers pirates and Minmatar? Where are the logs of my fellow dutiful servants of Empire! I know that we are a humble folk, but education and bragging are different concepts). I've got more or less 3 choices:

#1: Learn more about flying Cruisers and Destroyers. This would ultimately allow me to fly another Maller (I've long since earned the cash again) or Arbitrator, or a Destroyer. It would be the stepping stone to putting me at the helm of a slave crewed Harbinger or Apocalypse.

#2: Learn more about Learning, itself. Training my skills in training would ultimately increase the rewards for all of my efforts, and would be a one time expense.

#3: Train the skills necessary to do battle with other capsuleers. They are subtly different from mission fulfilling skills, and require due diligence in research and training.

It's an interesting quandary. I'll pray for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment