Saturday, November 28, 2009

Punisher VII, current fit

You can fit different items in the slots on each ship. Ships have 3 kinds of slots.

There are low slots, mid slots and high slots.

On my Punisher VII (the 7th Punisher I've flown since I got to New Eden) I have the following setup:

Low:

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane: This adds a little resistance to my armor against all 4 damage types.
Damage Control I: This does the same thing as the EANM, but it takes a bit of capacitor to do it
Small Armor Repairer II: This fixes my armor as it takes damage, and eats up a lot of capacitor to do so. The II means that it is a Tech 2 version of the Small Armor Repairer. This makes it more effective, but much, much, more expensive.
Capacitor Power Relay: This lowers my shield strength, but increases my capacitor supply

Mid slots:
I slot two Cap Recharger II's. The cap recharger increases the speed at which my capacitor recharges. These are Tech II. With my current skills I can only make one active at once. I need more CPU to have them all running.

High Slots:

I slot 3 medium pulse laser's. These are the best guns for the Punisher . I leave the last high slot empty, as I don't have any more CPU to put anything in it.

Ships have basically 3 buckets, and you can't put more in once you fill a bucket. There's CPU, Power and Space. My ship has more space and power, but needs more CPU to activate my last slot. I need to get my Electronics Skill higher to get more out of my CPU.

This setup works alright for me when I run level 1 missions, but I need help from kindly strangers for some level 2 missions. Fortunately the Amarr Empire is a kindly place, and such good samaritans are common. I always have to be on the lookout though, because Gyerzen is in Low Security space, so my fellow capsuleers could attack me.

This has happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment